The 2020 joint annual meeting Symposia topics include:
- Innovative and collaborative approaches to conserving Canada’s at-risk butterflies – Jessica Linton (Natural Resource Solutions Inc., Waterloo, ON).
- Migratory pests in Canada: seeing the big picture, with a vision of monitoring and control in a massive country – Tyler Wist (Saskatoon Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Saskatoon, SK) & Julien Saguez (Centre de recherche sur les grains (CÉROM) inc., Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, QC).
- Rocky mountain high: visions of alpine/subalpine biodiversity from the peaks – Greg Pohl & Dave Langor (Northern Forestry Centre, Natural Resources Canada, Edmonton, AB).
- Shared vision: supporting community engagement with entomology – Catherine Scott (Department of Biology, Acadia University, Wolfville, NS) & Morgan Jackson (Macdonald Campus, McGill University, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, PQ).
- A new vision for biological control in Canadian forest ecosystems – Chris MacQuarrie (Great Lakes Forestry Centre, Natural Resources Canada, Sault Ste. Marie, ON).
- Innovations in semiochemical-based pest management – Maya Evenden (Department of Biological Sciences) & Boyd Mori (Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science) (University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB).
For more information, please visit: https://jam2020.ualberta.ca/.