Important Note for Enrolled Members:
Completion of this workshop is not required for enrolled members.
It will be covered in the six experience areas modules.
Topics to Be Discussed
- Determining good stewardship
- Professional independence
- Professional integrity
- Maintaining competence
- The practice of professional forestry and signing and sealing
- Due diligence and documentation
- Determining the public's interest in and dealing with non-statutory
- Management prerogative and professional obligations
- Enforcement of the Foresters Act and bylaws
Participants will learn answers to important questions such as:
- How can you demonstrate professional independence from your
employer or client who is paying your wages or fees?
- How can you determine if you are practising good stewardship of forest
- How can you determine if you are practising professional forestry?
- What documents should I be signing and sealing/stamping?
- How do I deal with non-statutory expectations?
Who Should Register for This Session?
Members interested in listening and contributing to discussions about applying professional ethics to their day-to-day practice and obligations.
Regular: $200.00 + GST
Enrolled Member Rate: $100.00 + GST
START Student Rate: $100.00 + GST (must be enrolled in the START program to qualify)
This session is worth one contact hour towards an ABCFP Certificate of Professional Development for each hour spent doing the course work.
For questions regarding this session, please contact Mike Larock, RPF.