Read the Retire section of the Change of Status Procedures and ABCFP Bylaw 5 for the full details on eligibility criteria.
Council may admit a registered (RFT or RPF) or an associate (ATC, ATE, NRP, SAS) member to the retired membership category who:
- Satisfies council that they are not engaged in the practice of professional forestry as defined in the Forest Professionals Regulation or Section 5 of the Professional Governance Act and they do not intend to return to practice in the future; and
- Is 55 or older, or, if not 55 or older, can demonstrate extenuating circumstances to the satisfaction of council.
Apply for Retired Status
1. Confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements.
See the Eligibility Requirements section above.
2. Complete the online change of status request form and submit the required fees.
Retiring between October 1 – January 31
- You may apply for retired status, for the next fiscal year, if you are retiring from professional practice between October 1 - January 31 (during the registrant renewal period).
- Complete the application below and submit the retired members annual fee of $47.85 (GST included) before the December 1 due date in order to renew your status. You will be required to inform us of your final day of work and we will process your request accordingly.
Retiring between February 1 – September 30
Apply to Retire Here
- You must renew your active registrant status and pay the full annual fee by the due date if you are retiring from professional practice outside of the renewal period.
- You are eligible to apply for retired status for the next fiscal year.
Check Your Application Status
Check COS Application Status Here
- Retired status requests must be approved by the Registrar and/or the Credentials Committee.
- If you have already renewed your registration for the fiscal year, wait to submit an application for retirement until the renewal period (October 5- January 31).
- Requests submitted after the renewal period are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Reinstate From Retired Status
If you wish to return to practice, you may be eligible to reinstate your membership to active status. See the Reinstate page for information.