If you are no longer practising professional forestry in BC, you may request to resign your registration.
Once you have resigned, you may not:
- engage in the practice of professional forestry in BC or;
- use any reserved titles or designations (verbally, written, or in electronic communications), indicating or implying that you are authorized to engage in the practice of professional forestry as specified in ABCFP Bylaws or the Forest Professionals Regulation.
The registrar and/or the Credentials Committee may approve a registrant of the ABCFP to resign who verifies they are not engaged in the practice of professional forestry as defined in the Forest Professionals Regulation or Section 5 of the Professional Governance Act.
| Registration Type
|| Reinstatement Notes
- Practising Registrant - RFT, RPF
- Associate - ATC, ATE, SAS
- Special Permit - Limited Licensee (not eligible for reinstatement)
- Additional requirements may be deemed necessary to reinstate your registration, including but not limited to higher reinstatement fee, completing professional educational requirements.
- Trainee - ASFIT, ASTFT, FIT, TFT, TNRP
- You will lose two months of your work experience credit for each month, or portion thereof, while you are not a member.
*If you are working in any capacity in BC, you will be required to provide evidence to demonstrate that you are not practicing professional forestry. You must provide a task description, rationale, and a professional practice questionnaire as part of the application form.
Reinstate From Resignation
If you wish to return to practice, you may be eligible to reinstate your registration to active status. See the Reinstate page for information.
Apply to Resign
Note: Trainees who resign from the ABCFP will lose two months of work experience credit for each month, or portion thereof, while they are not a registrant.
Check Your Application Status
- Resignation requests may be submitted in writing throughout the year. However, individuals approved for resignation are deregistered on November 30.
- Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Resignation status requests must be approved by the registrar and/or the Credentials Committee.
- Individuals approved for resignation are deregistered on November 30 (some exceptions may apply).
Check COS Application Status
Questions: Contact the registration department.