Joe Kenny, RPF, ATC, PEng, has worked in the BC forest industry for more than 25 years, as a forester and engineer for major a licensee, the provincial government, and an Alaskan First Nation. Through those experiences, Joe has developed a broad understanding of forest management and development, on Crown and private land.
Joe currently works for the Ministry of Forests in Prince George, leading the development of standards, policy, legislation, and regulation for forest roads and bridges.
Joe is a registrant of both the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP) and Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC) and has volunteered for various roles with both.
While working with Pacific BioEnergy (PacBio), Joe was part of the senior management team, as well as a board member for a partnership with the Nazko First Nation, helping develop a long-term fibre supply strategy.
- Senior Manager of Policy and Legislation, Engineering Branch, Ministry of Forests, Prince George, July 2022-present
- Contract Auditor, Forest Practices Board, Prince George, June 2022
- Woodlands Manager, Pacific BioEnergy, Prince George, British Columbia, 2016-May 2022
- Northern Engineering Group Leader, Ministry of Forest, Lands and Natural Resources, Engineering Branch, Prince George, 2012-2016
- Engineer, Roads, Ministry of Forest, Lands and Natural Resources, Engineering Branch, Prince George, 2007-2012
- Senior Forest Engineer, Afognak Native Corporation, Alaska, 2006-2007
- Area Engineer, International Forest Products, Coast Mainland Operations, Campbell River, 2000-2006
- Logging Engineer, International Forest Products, Campbell River Operations, 1997-2000
- Assistant Engineer, International Forest Products, Campbell River Operations, 1995-1997
- Nazbec board member
- EGBC executive, Resource Sector Division, 2008-2012
- Chair, EGBC, Resource Sector Division, 2011
- ABCFP Discipline Committee
- ABCFP-EGBC Joint Practices Board
- University of New Brunswick, 1995