Jeff Kerley, RFT, ATE, has 30 years of experience in forest sampling and measurements, and nearly as many in vegetation resources inventory, ground sampling, and project management.
For the past 20 years, Jeff has run a forestry consulting business specializing in forest measurements, utility rights-of-ways, and project management in all regions of the province.
The role has required collaborative relationships with professionals in industry, governments, Indigenous agencies, and other consultants. Jeff believes these relationships are not only critical for a successful project, but contribute to public confidence in forest professionals.
Jeff has also served on ABCFP committees and task forces since 2004, including the past Standing Investigations Committee and the current Investigation Committee (previously complaints resolution committee).
Jeff hopes to use his experience to continue the successful adaptation of the Professional Governance Act (PGA) and rights to practice on behalf of the forestry profession.
- President and General Manager, Kerley and Associates Forestry Consulting Ltd., 2002-present
- Assistant Manager, Field Services, Olympic Resource Management, 1999-2002
- Vegetation Resources Inventory (VRI) Co-ordinator, BC Ministry of Forests, Vancouver Forest Region, 1996-1999
- Small Business Technician/Range Officer, BC Ministry of Forests, Mid Coast Forest District, 1995-1996
- Provincial Growth and Yield Trainer/Auditor, Ontario Forest Research Institute, 1992-1995
- Accredited Timber Evaluator (#0104)
- Timber Cruiser Accreditation Board, 2003-present
- ABCFP Investigation Committee, 2018-present
- ABCFP Standing Investigation Committee, 2007-2016
- Sponsorship and trade show sub-chair, host committee, ABCFP annual forestry conference and AGM, 2020
- Advisory committee, Forest Resources Technology Program, Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo, 2003-2015
- ABCFP Discipline and Enforcement Transparency Review Team, 2008
- ABCFP Professional Practice in Appraisals and Cruising Task Force, 2008
- Secretary, Coastal Cruising Supervisor’s Task Force
- Coast Call Grade Committee, BC Ministry of Forests and Range committee advising on the Cruiser Call Grade Net Factor
procedures on coastal cruises, 2004 to 2007
- ABCFP External Communications Task Force, 2004
- Diploma in Forest Technology, Lakehead University, 1992