Upcoming Module Update – March 9, between 7:00 AM and 12:30 PM
Update: Feb. 18, 2021.
- No major content changes will be included in the update - registrants will not need to repeat the course before taking the 1b exam.
- We will be updating Module 1a Regulation and Ethics between 7:00 AM and 12:30 PM PT.
- Mid-course progress will not be carried over to the new module. You must complete the module before 7:00 AM on March 5, 2021 or manually return to your position in the module after the update.
- If you still need to complete Module 1a on March 10, 2021, restart the module or contact us at LMShelp@abcfp.ca for assistance.
The ABCFP is committed to continuous quality improvements. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Module 1a Update (minor) - completed
Update: Nov. 9 2020.
Module 1a Regulation and Ethics update is now complete.
- No major content changes were included in the update; members do not need to repeat the course before taking the 1b exam.
- Mid-course progress was not carried over to the new module. (Progress before Nov. 9 was not maintained).
- If you still need to complete 1a, restart the module or contact us atLMShelp@abcfp.ca for assistance.
Questions? Contact us at LMShelp@abcfp.ca.
Module 4c Update (minor) - completed
Update: Oct. 27, 2020.
The module 4c Other Legislation and Policy update is now complete.
If you have any difficulties launching or completing the course after October 27, please email us at LMSHelp@abcfp.ca.
Module 6b Update (minor) - completed
Update: Oct. 14 2020.
The module 6b Communicating Professional Advice - Application update is now complete.
If you have any difficulties launching or completing the course after October 15, please email us at LMSHelp@abcfp.ca.
Module 3 Update - completed
Update: Oct. 1 2020.
Module 3 Working with Indigenous Communities update is now complete.
Working with Indigenous Communities describes key historical events that have impacted Indigenous Peoples, lays out the current legal framework that guides forest professionals, and identifies some best practices for creating effective and respectful relationships with Indigenous Peoples in the context of professional forestry.
If you have any difficulties launching or completing the course after September 30, please email us at LMSHelp@abcfp.ca.
Area 5 Update - completed
Update: Sept. 9 2020.
Module 5 Business of Forestry has been updated as part of our ongoing commitment to continuous improvement.
The new module is visually engaging and interactive, and combines modules 5A and 5B into a single course.
If you have any difficulties launching or completing the new module 5 after September 10, please email us at LMSHelp@abcfp.ca.
Module 4a Update - completed
Update: July 28, 2020.
The module 4a Forest Legislation and Policy update is now complete. See below for details.
You must now use Internet Explorer (IE11) or Firefox to view this course.
If you completed before July 28:
You may still experience some issues with progress tracking.
Before you exit the module, make a note of your current progress from the right hand menu.
When resuming, use the right hand menu to navigate to the correct section.
You do not need to repeat the course before taking the exam.
If your course remains at 50% complete on your roadmap, it is likely that the module survey is still outstanding .
If you have any difficulties launching or completing the course after July 29, please email us at LMSHelp@abcfp.ca.
Updates to Exam Rules due to COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, the ABCFP has made temporary changes to the Invigilation section (page 2) of the Exam Rules: LMS Online Exams, in effect until further notice.
Review our Knowledge Base article COVID-19 Temporary Changes to Exam Invigilation for details. This information is also available directly in the exam modules.
Invigilators are responsible to ensure that exam rules are being followed at all times, and that the exam access PIN is kept confidential.
Totara LMS Tips
Note: Please ensure you use a supported browser.
Navigating the LMS
- Go the ABCFP home page: www.abcfp.ca.
- Click on ‘LMS’ on the green menu.
- Sign-in to the LMS: https://abcfp.ca/WEB/ABCFP/LMS_SSO.aspx
- Enrolled members will navigate to their Roadmap to see a list of their requirements and progress, and to launch the next module.
- Sponsors will navigate to their Team to see their enrolled member’s progress, review/mark modules and get exam PIN information.
Remember to access modules in the LMS, you need to enable popups for this site using the popup blocker settings on your browser.
Check out our Knowledge Base (help desk), where you will find information on:
If you need to get in touch with the ABCFP registration team, submit a ticket for help through the Knowledge Base.
- getting started,
- how to's
- FAQ's and more.