ForesTrust is the ABCFP's registered charity. It provides scholarships and bursaries to forestry students through 10 endowments at eight post-secondary institutions in BC. ForesTrust also provides funding for educational activities focused on how we care for and manage BC’s forests. To date, ForesTrust has provided funding to 11 such initiatives, including National Forest Week.
ForesTrust survives through the generosity of ABCFP members and others who donate to the charity. All donations are eligible for a tax receipt, so please, donate now and help support the future of professional forestry.
How You Can Support the Cause
Make a Donation
Your donations are tax-deductible. Download the ForesTrust Pledge Form or easily donate online.
You can also dedicate your donation in memory of a colleague or set-up monthly contributions. Contact Lance Nose for more information.
Did you know you can bequeath a portion of an estate to ForesTrust? An estate planner can assist with making those arrangements.
British Columbia Institute of Technology
Wayne Cochrane Memorial Award
- Awarded to a student enrolled in the forestry option of the renewable resources program for first year achievement who is intending to pursue registration with the ABCFP.
College of New Caledonia
ABCFP Natural Resources Studies Scholarship
- Awarded to a student with a minimum 3.0 GPA who is planning to continue in an ABCFP accredited program and has demonstrated financial need.
ABCFP Forestry Resources Technology Bursary - Awarded to a student with a minimum 3.0 GPA who is planning to continue in an ABCFP accredited program and has demonstrated financial need.
- Awarded to a student entering the second year of the forestry technology program intending to pursue registration with the ABCFP.
Thompson Rivers University
- Awarded to a fourth-year student in the natural resource science program who is intending to pursue registration with the ABCFP.
The University of British Columbia
- Awarded to a student entering the second year of the forest resources management program who exhibits a combination of academic and extracurricular involvement.
Association of BC Forest Professionals Sustainable Forest Management Prize
- Awarded to a student enrolled in the Master of Sustainable Forest Management (MSFM) program with an aptitude for professional forest land management, scholastic ability, leadership potential, and the intention to enroll with the Association of BC Forest Professionals.
Two graduating prizes are also available.
The University of British Columbia Okanagan
- Awarded to students who have completed one or more years of full-time study and will be continuing in full-time study in the forest resource management program. Awards are given to students who exhibit a combination of academic achievement and extracurricular involvement.
University of Northern British Columbia
ABCFP Award for Excellence
- Awarded to a forestry student (second, third or fourth year) in the natural resources management program who illustrates excellence in academic achievement and student involvement.
ABCFP Bursary - Awarded to a third or fourth year student in the natural resource and environment program (majoring in forestry) who demonstrates financial need. Upon meeting these criteria, selection is based on academic achievement (two prizes available).
Vancouver Island University
- Awarded to a second-year student in the forest resources technology program who is intending to pursue registration with the ABCFP.
To Apply for a Scholarship
Contact the individual institutions directly to find out more information about available scholarships and bursaries, criteria, application procedures and deadlines.