Reinstate or Reapply
|To reinstate is to return to your former membership status.
To reapply is to apply anew for one of our enrolment programs.
You may be eligible for reinstatement if:
- you are on a leave of absence,
- have retired or life membership status,
- have resigned from the association, or
- have been removed or struck.
How to Apply for Reinstatement
1. Determine your eligibility and requirements. Read the:
2. Complete the Request for Reinstatement Form*.
3. Submit the form along with the reinstatement fee (read the policy/procedures for exemptions) and membership fee. See the Fee Schedule for amounts.
Note: Payment for all outstanding fees on your account must also be submitted at the time of reinstatement. If you are reinstating from removal please contact the finance department ahead of time to determine any outstanding fees on your account.
Once your complete request is received, it will be forwarded to the registrar and director of act compliance, the board of examiners, and/or council for approval. The review process takes approximately four to six weeks. Fees are processed after approval.
How to Reapply for Membership
You are not eligible to apply for reinstatement and must reapply for membership if you are a former member who was:
- registered with conditional status (e.g. conditional RFT), or
- an enrolled member over three years ago.
Visit the Becoming a Member section of the website for more information on your intended designation.
Need More Information?
Contact the registration department.
*Fillable PDF. If you are unable to open this file, please right-click the link and save the PDF to your computer and then open from your computer. This form must be signed. To submit by e-mail, once you complete the form, print a copy, sign and scan it in order to e-mail it. Submission details are available in the form.