If you are no longer practising professional forestry in British Columbia, you may request to resign your registration.
Once you have resigned, you may not:
- engage in the practice of professional forestry in British Columbia or;
- use any reserved titles or designations (verbally, written, or in electronic communications), indicating or implying that you are authorized to engage in the practice of professional forestry as specified in ABCFP Bylaws or the Forest Professionals Regulation.
- Read the Resign section in the applicable procedures (below) for full details.
- Read the Reinstatement section of the procedures to understand what may be required to reinstate your membership should you wish to return to practice. See the Reinstate page for more details.
| Registration Type
|| Reinstatement Notes
- Practising Registrant - RFT, RPF
- Associate - ATC, ATE, SAS
- Special Permit - Limited Licensee (not eligible for reinstatement)
- For absences longer than 36 months, additional requirements may be deemed necessary to reinstate your registration, including but not limited to higher reinstatement fee, completing professional educational requirements.
- Trainee - ASFIT, ASTFT, FIT, TFT, TNRP
- You will lose two months of your work experience credit for each month, or portion thereof, while you are not a member.
If you are working in any capacity in BC, you will be required to provide evidence to demonstrate that you are not practicing professional forestry. You must provide a task description, rationale, and a professional practice questionnaire as part of the application form.
Apply for Resignation
Complete the online change of status request form, return your certificate and stamp or seal.
Check Your Application Status
Check COS Application Status Here
- Resignation requests may be submitted in writing throughout the year. However, individuals approved for resignation are deregistered on November 30.
- Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Resignation status requests must be approved by the Registrar and/or the Credentials Committee.
- Individuals approved for resignation are deregistered on November 30 (some exceptions may apply).
Reinstate From Resignation
If you wish to return to practice, you may be eligible to reinstate your membership to active status. See the Reinstate
page for information.
Questions? Please contact the registration department.