Natural Resource Professionals (NRP)
To practice professional forestry in BC, as defined by the Foresters Act , you must be a member of the ABCFP.
Natural Resource Professionals (NRPs), along with other professional members of the forestry team, are responsible for looking after the forests of British Columbia.
- The functions and responsibilities of an NRP are limited to specific activities under the Scope of Practice heading below.
- NRPs engage in aspects of professional forestry practice involving;
- planning for or advising on inventory,
- conservation, and
- protection and also advising on enhancement, harvesting, valuation and rehabilitation.
- To be a NRP requires completion of specific post-secondary programs.
- NRPs are part of the associate member class under the Foresters Act.