Jamie Jeffreys is a registered professional forester with 25 years of experience working throughout BC in forestry and natural resource management.
Jamie graduated from the UBC in 1999 with a BSc. Forestry degree. She has since worked in various regions of the province for consultants, the forest industry, Indigenous organizations, and the BC Public Service. These opportunities enabled her to gain experience and exposure to a broad range of natural resource management projects, challenges, and opportunities. She has held a variety of positions, from field technician work to supervisory and manager roles, and for the past nine years has been a director in the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations, and Rural Development.
Jamie served on ABCFP Council from 2018–2020 where her work and leadership experience provide her with the competencies required to be vice-president, and future president of the ABCFP Council.
- Director, Partnerships and Strategic Engagement, BC Wildfire Service, Strategic Leadership/Band 5, June 2018–present
- Director, FrontCounter BC and Authorizations Provincial Team, Strategic Leadership/Band 5, October 2014-present
- Provincial Operations Manager, FrontCounter BC Provincial Team, Business Leadership, December 2010–May 2013
- Regional Director, Ministry of Energy Mines and Petroleum Resources, Business Leadership, September 2010–November 2010
- Manager, FrontCounter BC, Business Leadership, September 2009–September 2010
- Natural Resource Officer, FrontCounter BC, Integrated Land Management Bureau (Inter-Agency T/A)–LSO3, July 2009–September 2009
- First Nations/Stewardship Officer–LSO3, Ministry of Forests and Range, Kamloops Forest District, July 2007-July 2009
- Forestry Director, Shuswap Nation Tribal Council, December 2005-June 2006
- Forester/Silviculture Surveyor, Nybor Forestry Services Ltd., April 2005-November 2005
- Silviculture Forester, Abitibi-Consolidated Company of Canada, September 2001-March 2005
- Backlog Silviculture Forester, Parsnip River Forestry Inc., August 2000-September 2001
- Certified Service Manager, Institute for Citizen Centered Service
- Leaders Discipline, Opportunity in Conflict, Roy Group
- Leadership Development Conversations, internal coaching program
- Leader in You, internal leadership program
- Presenting as a Leader, Humphrey Group
- UBC, Bachelor of Science degree in Forestry, major in Forest Resource Management, 1999
- University College of the Cariboo, forestry transfer, 1997
- Okanagan University College, first-year sciences, 1995