Mandate,Vision & Mission
Pursuant to the Foresters Act, the practise of professional forestry is a regulated activity in British Columbia. In simplest terms, the Foresters Act defines the practise of professional forestry, establishes the Association of BC Forest Professionals, stipulates that one must be a member of the ABCFP to engage in the practise of professional forestry and, charges the association with the administration of the Foresters Act and vests all authority to govern the association in its council.
More info on the duties and objects of the ABCFP can be found in Section 4 of the Foresters Act.
Forest professionals are trusted.
To protect the public interest by ensuring BC has competent and accountable forest professionals who achieve good forest stewardship.
Our Guiding Principles
- We act in the public interest.
- We support reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples through education, awareness, and inclusion.
- We engage our registrants.
- We value partnerships and collaboration.
- We provide effective support and recognition for volunteers, staff, and registrants.
- We support national co-operation.
- We foster diversity and inclusivity.
- We embrace technology and evidence-based decision making.
Learn More about Who We Are